Partagez | 

Catching up with CBell-Parent&Child Magazine

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Julia R.
Admin

MessageSujet: Catching up with CBell-Parent&Child Magazine   Jeu 19 Mai - 16:53

Catching up with Catherine Bell -Parent & Child Magazine June 2011

Parent & Child: Your show Army Wives has been so successful — why do you think the show has resonated with viewers?

Catherine Bell: It always starts with a good story. I think this season really was the best; the storyline was so deep and emotional. It’s set in the military on a base, but its really about people and family, friendship and love, and everyone can relate to that.

P&C: Speaking of intense stories, your new film Last Man Standing (premieres June 12 on Lifetime) sounds like quite the thriller. Can you tell me a little bit about it?

Bell: It’s a really fun, action-packed movie. I play a suburban mom who used to be in the military. She’s forced to reveal her secret past as a CIA agent when her husband is kidnapped. She finds out that the kidnap had to do with someone in her old unit being killed, and basically it’s up to her to find her husband before it’s too late.

P&C: Your husband co-wrote the film. Did you enjoy working together?

Bell: Yes! We’d been wanting to work together for a while. It was a great experience to share in something like this.

P&C: It was a pretty physical movie; can you tell me a little bit about how you got in shape for it?

Bell: It definitely was physical, with lots of stunts. I did some of my own stunts — I wanted to do more, but they wouldn’t let me! I actually filmed the movie just 9 weeks after giving birth to my son, so being in shape was difficult. I also had a C-section so I wasn’t allowed to work out right away. I tried to be as healthy as possible while I was pregnant and right after, so as to not have too much extra weight. Once I could start working out, I did and just really focused on that until we started filming.

P&C: You have an older daughter, too. Was it a difficult transition to having two kids?

Bell: It was a big transition! You know, our daughter Gemma is 8, and she’s self-reliant and can entertain herself, and then all of a sudden we had this little creature that you have to do everything for. But, I mean, obviously it’s wonderful. Gemma has grown into such a good big sister. She’s the best. She loves him so much; she’ll climb into his crib and cuddle with him.

P&C: What do you guys like to do as a family?

Bell: We love to be outside, especially riding bikes or wake-boarding on the lake. With my older daughter, we enjoy playing board games like Trouble and Yatzee.

P&C: Do you guys read together?

Bell: Oh, Gemma is such a big reader! Lately, she’ll read on her own. But she and her dad are reading Bone by Jeff Smith together right now.

About the Author
Elizabeth Callahan is the assistant editor for Parent & Child.

http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3756198

Thanks to Sandi

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://catherine-bell.wifeo.com/

Catching up with CBell-Parent&Child Magazine
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1